Doon Minecraft Survival Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Doon Minecraft Survival Community

Minecraft SMP Adventure - MCMMO,MCJOBS,RESIDENCE,HEROSTRONGHOLD,MOBARENA,ICONOMY- A Forum to post and discuss all things related to the Doon Survival Multi Player Server and Minecraft.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  Log in  RegisterRegister  
Doon Server
Donate to the Server!
Latest topics
» Eldaria Map
HeroStronghold tutorial EmptyMon Jun 25, 2012 3:25 pm by AdminBrandooney

» UPDATE 06/21/12
HeroStronghold tutorial EmptyThu Jun 21, 2012 4:43 pm by AdminBrandooney

» HeroStronghold tutorial
HeroStronghold tutorial EmptyThu Jun 21, 2012 4:30 pm by AdminBrandooney

» Elevator Mod
HeroStronghold tutorial EmptyThu Jun 21, 2012 4:19 pm by AdminBrandooney

» Don't die on me, now!
HeroStronghold tutorial EmptyMon Jun 18, 2012 12:25 pm by AdminBrandooney

» The outpost of Fargo.
HeroStronghold tutorial EmptyWed Jun 13, 2012 6:00 pm by AdminBrandooney

» Taking a look at the economy.
HeroStronghold tutorial EmptyWed Jun 13, 2012 5:46 pm by AdminBrandooney

» Residence Bukkit Mod
HeroStronghold tutorial EmptyWed Jun 13, 2012 1:52 pm by AdminBrandooney

» MCjobs Updates
HeroStronghold tutorial EmptyWed Jun 13, 2012 1:24 pm by AdminBrandooney

Keywords
Poll
Donate to the Server!

HeroStronghold tutorial

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
AdminBrandooney
Admin
AdminBrandooney

HeroStronghold tutorial Empty
PostSubject: HeroStronghold tutorial   HeroStronghold tutorial EmptyWed Jun 13, 2012 1:09 pm

Hey all, I know the new HS update is fairly complicated and confusing, so here's an explanation (attempt).

***WHY HS?***

-Basically, it lets us build 'craftable' buildings (Regions) with upkeep/outputs, and then form Areas or Districts (Super-Regions)

Basics:

-Regions have a chance to generate either an income, or items (ie:arrowfactory), but generally have an upkeep cost (either money or items or both).

-Super-Regions contain multiple Regions, generally grant protection (ie: fire,pvp,build,break,creep,etc) and grant Power(a 'currency' required for Super-Regions, every time you die it diminishes slightly, but regens over time).

-If you run out of the monetary or Power currencies for upkeep your regions will delete, so make sure you can keep them going!!! (configurable, but keeping for now, don't get over zealous).

-The 'Reagent' are items that need be placed in the (generated) chest to turn the Region 'on' (they are not used in upkeep, you have to put other items for that, so try to separate them in the same chest). The chest is the one created when you type the create command.

-The 'Radius' is the distance from the center of the Region (where you generally create the region and generate the 'Reagent' chest) that all the required blacks must be within (ie: the 32 COBBLESTONE and 8 FENCES must be within an 8 radius circle shape to qualify for the Region.

Commands 101:

-Firstly the basic commands are /herostronghold or /hs

-Help can be found by adding ? or ? 2 or ? 3. ie: /hs ? 2

-/hs list (to view available Regions/Super-Regions)

-/hs info regionname, ie: /hs info arrowturret, (to view info on individual Regions/Super-Regions).

-/hs whatshere (Displays any info on current Region/Super-Region) /hs who (who owns Region)

-/hs create regionname, ie: /hs create hospital (creates reagent chest, try digging a whole and then stand in it/ look at it and enter command to hide chest)

-/hs addmember playername, ie: /hs addmember mrshanev (adds player to current Region) opposite is /hs remove playername (useful for preventing/allowing arrowturrets from firing)

-/hs addmember playername name, ie: /hs addmember brandooney111 NewTown (invite player to Super-Region).

Ill go more in to depth at a later time, but mancannons launch you through the air, and siegecatapults launch tnt within 100 squares to a Region/Super-Region (defined by a sign you place above the chest and write a name on) and slowly lower the Power. Gatehouses let you for a gate with fences that disappears when you click a sign labeled [Gate] (for castles). Create a ward Super-Region early on to protect a 30sq radius region and start gaining Power

Videos
Our's is configured slightly differently, but it helps to grasp the crafting concepts if you see it:
HeroStronghold Basics
Super-Regions (static)

Last edited by AdminBrandooney on Wed Jun 13, 2012 8:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://doon.board-directory.net
AdminBrandooney
Admin
AdminBrandooney

PostSubject: Re: HeroStronghold tutorial   HeroStronghold tutorial EmptyWed Jun 13, 2012 6:01 pm

Btw, if anyone has any Region/ Super-Region suggestions let me know asap! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
mrshanev

PostSubject: Man, Arrowturrets can't be a part of Gatehouses.   HeroStronghold tutorial EmptyMon Jun 18, 2012 11:59 am

Weeeeeeaksauce
Back to top Go down
AdminBrandooney
Admin
AdminBrandooney

PostSubject: Re: HeroStronghold tutorial   HeroStronghold tutorial EmptyMon Jun 18, 2012 12:35 pm

No they can't atm... because an ArrowTurret is a Region and so is a Gatehouse (regions can't overlap). If I made GateHouse a Super-Region it would be able to, but then could not be part of a castle... so lose-lose on that one....

The idea (or my idea.. lol) for HS is to learn how to make your Regions as compact (and thusly repeatable) as possible, just because you have lots of Radius doesn't mean you should use it. That way you can pack many Regions into a Super-Region (which grants protection).

I will tweak the gatehouse Radius down a bit so maybe you can build ArrowTurrets, and other Regions, closer to it. Maybe also consider making them a few feet in front of, and behind your, walls.

There's still much to learn about the awesomeness of HS, and it still needs a bit of tweaking (moooore buildings coming soon! ArrowTowers anyone? Fortified Towns, Class Buffs etc.)
Back to top Go down
mrshanev

PostSubject: Re: HeroStronghold tutorial   HeroStronghold tutorial EmptyThu Jun 21, 2012 3:25 pm

I think arrow towers are a good idea. It should require 4 dispensers for each side. Thus, eliminating my need for a gatehouse with turret. I can make a tower on top instead. But how far is the range on turrets and would be towers?
Back to top Go down
AdminBrandooney
Admin
AdminBrandooney

PostSubject: Re: HeroStronghold tutorial   HeroStronghold tutorial EmptyThu Jun 21, 2012 4:30 pm

The config just talks about the turret shooting people 'within range'... so Id assume normal bow range?? (like maybe upto 20 squares?). So as far as I know atm a tower would shoot the same, but could do more damage.

A turret as a radius of 3 i think, so no other region can be within 3 squares of the center.

Also I think the fired arrow technically comes from the chest, or region, not necessarily the dispenser, although i do think a tower should require more dispensers as theyre harder to work.

Check out some of the HS videos on youtube a couple times to help get a gist for how the plugin works/reacts. I know one video shows off an arrow turret and shows it shooting etc
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: HeroStronghold tutorial   HeroStronghold tutorial Empty

Back to top Go down

HeroStronghold tutorial
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Doon Minecraft Survival Community :: *** Doon Discussion *** :: Mod Discussion-
Jump to: